Friday, August 14, 2009

Laughing at Progressive Catholics



Sometimes humor is the best way to deal with the absurd. One of my good friends forwarded me to the Blog kept by Acts of the Apostasy: An Orthodox Commentary on Heterodox Hooligans.

The most entertaining post is the Illustrated Progressive Catholic's Alphabet. Which features such gems as "M is for Music" and the battle cry of "Less organ, more Haugen". Another good one is "F is for Fundamentalists", i.e. Real Catholics.

I really encourage everyone (who is Catholic and interested in the topic) to visit the four-part series. It will not disappoint.

Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV

I truly do appreciate the clever humor, however, at the same time, it is incredibly depressing as one recognizes just how many deeply lost souls there are out there in the Church (and the fact that I likely know more than a few).

I guess that's why the Vatican is conducting a visitation of Women Religious in the United States, since they stand at the forefront of this debacle.

In the end Orthodoxy will triumph, it will just be a long difficult struggle. In the meantime, laugh, live, and enjoy.

2 comments:

Larry Denninger said...

Thanks for the link!

Your comments are spot on - and we need to pray for them as well. It wasn`t that long ago when I was a cafeteria Catholic, so I know conversion is possible.

Poking fun at their crazy ideas, though, is healthier than arguing and debating.

Hope you come by again!

Peace and God`s blessings!

Anonymous said...

I find it a bit sad when I read comments like Othodoxy will triumph I know the writers of such comments are sincere and faithful but I feel it is too easy for all of us to become divided and judgmental of one another I feel it is wiser and more prudent to say The Holy Spirit will triumph as Jesus promised us.